Monday, March 30, 2009

Real Estate and Recipes Collide - Recipe 1

Hello fellow friends...I have been doing a lot of thinking about what I should blog about and a very good friend of mine came up with an excellent idea. In addition to my passion for Real Estate and my children I also love to cook...specifically, BAKE. It is my favorite past-time. All of my friends and family have been nagging me for years to open a Bakery in our town and several have offered to pay me to make cakes for them on special occasions. However, I have this fear that if I opened a bakery the passion that burns deep inside to please people and make them smile through my cooking would fizzle if this was something I was required to do with deadlines on a regular basis. So, instead, I have decided to add this to my subjects to blog about and will be offering an original recipe each Monday for you to try and maybe share with your friends or colleagues to make them smile. Each of my recipes were made by me and I will also post pictures of each for you to see (personal pet peeve of mine when you see a recipe without a photo). Also, please note that most of my recipes did originate from a cookbook but due to my endless pursuit of perfection, each has been changed significantly from the original.



So without further ado, here is the first in the series:



Spiced Nuts



This is a great recipe to have on your desk to share with anyone who stops by it is slightly sweet, crunchy and just plain delish...



1 egg white
1 T. cold water
1 tsp. table salt
1 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 c. white sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 lb nuts (your choice almonds, peanuts, pecans, cashews or walnuts or a mixture of each)



Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk egg white, water and salt. Add nuts and stir to coat, drain in a colander for at least five minutes. Meanwhile, mix sugar, ginger and cinnamon together in a bowl add nuts and toss to coat. Pour onto the baking sheet and spread them out. Bake 40-45 minutes, let cool, break apart and enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment