Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thinking about the new BlackBerry Tour? You should read this.

So, I have to admit, I am a tech geek and love to have all the newest gadgets. So a few months ago when my trusty Palm Treo 755p crashed I decided I needed to explore the BlackBerry world (though I swore I would never have a BlackBerry). I started off with the Curve and I went through 3 of them in a matter of two months for different reasons (none being owner neglect).

And then we met...

It was a warm day in Durango and I had been driving past the Alltel store the last few days and kept telling myself I would stop in at some point and check the newest baby out...I had a few minutes to spare so into the store I went. I had called ahead and had my good buddy Colin help me out, we had become quick buds from all the problems I had with my Curve's. I sit down and we go over the phone and I was sold.

Now, as with most things, there are pros and cons and I though I'd share them with you. I wish I would have had someone share it with me so I knew what I was in for.

PROS:
Internet speed is lighting fast (best as it can be for a smartphone), screen resolution is amazing, trackball is more user friendly and doesn't "snag" like the Curve, better lighting from they keys, better fitting skins, contact management is much better laid out and the phone has a more professional look (less screen icons) as opposed to the cluttered Curve, you don't have to take the battery out to get the memory card out, holds up to a 32 micro card

CONS:
I have little hands and I still have a hard time as there is no space between the keys like on my Curve, the battery life is awful with a capital A (I purchased an extra battery and a handy spare battery charger from crackberry.com, awesome product), the vibration and ring is not as loud or as strong as the Curve but I can live with that.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and had I not had the Curve first with it's awesome battery life, spacey keyboard, and clicking of the keys...I would have no complaints.
Hope this helps someone else with their decision.

1 comment:

  1. I've been pretty impressed with my Blackberry. I actually ran it over in the snow a few weeks ago and it still works!

    ReplyDelete